How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Learned something new!

I got to fly today!!! Haha...well in a simulator! I was doing "advance" maneuvers. I was doing spins and rolls. It was amazing. Those pilots do a lot of work to memorize where everything is and what to do in certain situations. I have a new respect for people that can do that. I was only doing the basics of flying the plane. The instructor set it all up for me.

I also got to see a "stand up". Which is basically when a student pilot stands up in front of all their peers and mans the aircraft. They give the student pilot a situation and a bunch of other things they have to know when flying the plane. Then the student has to say what they are going to do with that situation. They instructor pretty much sets them up and throws situations at them. I was kind of lost because I had not clue what they were talking about. But pretty intimidating if you tell me. I wouldn't want to do it! Then the instructor tells them to "sit down" if they mess up (which is not good) or they can "take a seat" (which means that they solved it). Chad hasn't gotten to this point yet. He is still in academics..studying his butt off! He has his first major test tomorrow!

I think I may know more then Chad about what is to come for him then he does. :)

No comments: