Well, moving day has joyously come and gone. I am worn out by the whole process! I don't want to move again for a VERY LONG TIME!
Yesterday, the packers came to the house which was very easy because all I had to do was watch them put my "things" into boxes. I found it very amusing that all of my expensive Rudy's cups were nicely wrapped up in paper and placed carefully into boxes. It is so strange that they waste so much paper on plastic things. But, I guess they are taking care of my belongings. The packers were there until around 5 when the another man showed up to crate up our tv. Of course Chad had to get the BIG tv, so we are just extra special. They had to make a special crate just for our tv! They sent the man that makes the crates from San Antonio...just to stay for about an hour and a half! That evening Chad's parents showed up, which I am happy they did because I gladly started putting them to work on helping me clean the house. We ate at TB's for the last time and of course stopped by Danielle's for some custard!
Today, the movers showed up around 8:45 to start with inventory of the items to be moved and continued to finish some packing from yesterday...matress, things they didn't catch yesterday, etc. The morning started out okay. I was a bit antsy as I was just waiting to clean up the house and get on with the move. The movers started very slow this morning so I was a little worried that they wouldn't be finished before my inspection at 4. I needed to have the entire house cleaned and not a thing inside of it. Needless to say they did make it, but with much effort on my part because we were forcing them to be out by reminding them quite often that we did have inspection at 4. We ended up setting everything out on the lawn at the end so we could finish cleaning up the rest of the house. I tell you we worked really hard to get it all done. Then in comes the inspector, the first thing he says was "oh, you're mopping, you don't have to mop!" AH! We worked this hard and that's what you are going to say! I was a little frustrated. Then the inspection lasted all of 3 minutes. He looked at my appliances and the blinds, then took my keys, made me sign, and locked me out of my house! After that, we waited for the movers to finish up what was left of my belongings in the front yard. We were worried about everything fitting all day and guess what, everything DID NOT FIT! They wrapped up the rest of my things with a tarp and strapped them to the back of the moving truck!
This was not the end of my eventful day, as we were leaving off base I was stopped by security forces. I only had 40 yards until I was free from Laughlin. Then I was stopped for...talking on my phone on base. Believe it or not, I actually wasn't!! Anyway, I got out of it, but it was pretty embarrassing because I was pulled over at the gas station. Finally made it out of Del Rio and now I am back in NB living with the parents for a while.
Friday I get to see Chad again and I will see him for a whole week!!! :) He is almost finished with Altus which is exciting!






1 comment:
Wow, that stuff on the back of the truck is sort of hilarious... I must admit. But that sucks that they couldn't have found room for it SOMEWHERE on the truck!!
Anyway, I think I saw you get pulled over... I was driving on base and a vehicle like yours was slowly moving its way into the gas station with a flashing cop car behind it. They pulled you over becuase they thought you were talking on the phone? Well at least you weren't!! They just wanted to say goodbye before you left ;)
Post a Comment