How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

Can you believe it?!?!?!

I find it amazing that my summer is pretty much over. Where did the time go??? I have a little adventure ahead of me, but other then that I am back to school again! My first day of actual school related events is on Tuesday the 12th. I am going to a retreat where I will meet all the teachers! Yikes, I think it's going to be a little overwhelming. Let's just hope that I remember everyone's name. :) Then the rest of the week I have to attend some new teacher activities.

I am going to be leaving for Charleston on Sunday, with a stop in College Station. Then on Tuesday, Amy (my really awesome friend that lives in CS) and I are going to start our 1200 mile/18 hour journey to Charleston. I won't be able to take my animals because we don't have an "animal friendly" room on base yet, but that may be a good thing. I am going to be pretty busy for a while up there. We are going to stop somewhere in Mississippi or Alabama, wherever 10 hours takes us. I just hope that I can make it! I don't enjoy driving, but I think that Amy and I will be able to keep each other pretty busy with catching up. Anyway, please be thinking of me while I am driving to the other side of the US, we need a safe journey!

Here are a few of the recent happenings of the summer that I didn't blog about...

This is my mom's bathroom that I ragged. It was a lot of fun and kept me busy for a few days! This was my first EVER time to rag something, so I thought I did a pretty good job!

The end of June we added another member to our family. His name is Rio. :) I know, I know, you are saying why do you need another cat! Well, I promise this is the last cat! :) I just love animals!


This summer also allowed me to meet up with old friends. This is my friend Amanda. We used to play softball and go to school together back in the day. My little brother used to get us mixed up!! It was great to see her again...I hadn't seen her since I got married!This is one of the weekends that Chad was home. We took the four wheeler out in the pasture to do some riding around! I wanted to see some snakes, but no luck!

One pretty lucky/crazy event over the summer involved a cat. Yes, another cat, but this cat was not wanted. The day that Chad was leaving for land survival involved 3 different cats. As we were backing out of the driveway at the Dugie's house we accidently ran over a cat, then as we were driving on the street to leave, another cat fell out from somewhere. All we heard was a thump. Then we were on our way to the airport. I dropped Chad off and headed to my home for the summer, my parent's house. Later that day, my sister and I were heading out the door for a movie and some Target, then we noticed a white cat hiding behind a bush on my parent's front porch. It wasn't until later that day that I thought MAYBE it could be from the Dugie's. WELL, guess what!?! It was, because I checked my car the next day and there were paw prints and white hair under the hood. CRAZY, that the cat made it from his parent's house!!! I couldn't believe it! Here are a few pictures of the cat and where it was in my car...

And of course...Sarge loves her!

Until I blog again...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rio is precious!! I want himmmmmmm!!!! be safe on your cross country journey :) i dont think FWB is on your way, but if it was, yall are more than welcome to stay at casa de parry :)

Shannon Ambroson said...

Rio looks like my little DeWALT did when she was a baby :) So cute!!

And I don't know if you are into music when you're driving, but having a few favorite CDs or an ipod full of tracks is a great idea for a cross-country move. Audio books are okay too, but sometimes not a good idea if you've trying to navigate directions... lol Just a suggestion! I've done it a few times ;)

Good luck with everything!