How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally here!

Well I am finally in Charleston...staying on base...without internet! :( It is not too fun. I never realized how much I use the internet on a day to day basis. I was so priveledged...not anymore! I will update this blog with pictures soon.

Amy and I drove from College Station on Tuesday morning and drove until about 7 pm, where we stopped in Birmingham, AL. The next day we woke up again for another drive. We made it to Charleston around 3:30. We stopped for a short visit at the house before we made our way to the base. While we were visiting the house we measured all the windows for blinds. By the way, the heat index that day was 118 and we were in a closed up house! It was horrible! I don't think that I have ever been so miserable. Anyway, we found our way with the help of, "Peter", my GPS, to the Charleston Air Force Base. That night Amy and I went to Crab Shack, which is a very tasty seafood place, where we enjoyed a frogmore bucket. The next day, I unloaded my car at my NEW school. We tried to get things put up and organized. Then on Friday, Amy and I went downtown to see the sights. We visited the open air market and walked King Street, which is a whole street of stores! Just my kind of shopping! Then Saturday we went to the Folly Beach for the day. It was really nice and very relaxing! Finally on Sunday I had to take Amy to the airport, where I didn’t want to say goodbye, because that meant loneliness. L

Anyway, I am now finally posting because I have been pretty busy, believe it or not, with setting up my classroom, finishing my second masters class, and going to various trainings. I have been here about a week and a half so far and it has been a little boring at times, but I have tried to make the best of it. Chad finally comes to Charleston on Wednesday!!! The bad part is I started school on Thursday, so we won’t really get to spend a lot of time together.

Chad is finally finished with trainings, for now! He will start with a little vacation before starting back to work sometime after Labor Day.

For some exciting news…Chad has to go to the final walkthrough for our house on Thursday morning!! Then we close on the 27th and the movers come on the 28th!!!! I will finally get to see my babies (a.k.a. animals!) Labor Day weekend!! It will have been almost a month!

I am not going to post any pictures this time, being that my internet stinks here and it would take forever to upload the pictures, but I will post some as soon as I get a chance. Probably not until we move in our new home! But then I will have pictures of our finished house then!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

so glad you made it safely! you are very lucky to have such a good friend to help you out :) hope we can find a good excuse to come see yall eventually!!!

Andie said...

glad you had a safe trip :-) enjoy charleston!!! have no fear, i'm holding down del rio for everyone that is gone :-P lol

happy almost school time!