A few weeks ago I went to Vegas. That was exciting. I lost about half of what I brought...which isn't bad because some lose all! The weather was beautiful...with highs in the upper 80s. It's definitely not the weather they are having now. I went with my parents and sister and her bf. I played the blackjack tables and some slots. There are so many new hotels built...and I was there a little over a year ago. I have been trying to find a job. I have had a few interviews, but still haven't heard back from them...so sad :(.Chad is going to do his 3rd checkride at the beginning of next week. He has been really stressed out, but from what I hear he is doing really good! His track will be in a little over a month. He is still undecided about what he really wants to do. I don't know if he will decide until the end. He has 4 more sims and around 14 more flights. He is ready to be finished with the T-6 and ready to start his next phase. Oh how could I forget the funny story from Chad's cross country...
Well...he went on his cross country over memorial weekend. I was still visiting my parents. He left on Friday and went to Ft. Worth. Then on Saturday they went to Lake Charles during the day and then flew to Houston that night. Then on Sunday they were supposed to fly back to Del Rio. WELL...he didn't get to fly back to Del Rio on Sunday because...he thought he lost his wedding ring in the plane. On Saturday night while in Houston when he was putting his gloves up he heard a "clink" as he closed the canopy. He looked down and saw that the pocket where he normally keeps his rings was open!! So all he thought was that he lost his ring in the jet. They looked that night for an hour or so and didn't find it. They decided they were going to look in the morning when there is light. Of course when he called me that night he didn't tell me about not finding his ring. :0 The next morning they looked all over the jet and found nothing...so all they could assume was that it was in the jet. They couldn't fly it because they weren't sure if it was somewhere that would mess something up. They ended up renting a car to San Antonio and I met them there. BUT while on the way to San Antonio Lake Charles called and had found his ring outside on the ramp with the other planes! Chad wanted to turn around and go back, but it was already too late. We got the ring last week...thankfully...now he's not in trouble with me! :)
After all that he is the "butt of all the jokes" and still has comments made about them. I am sure this will be something that they will talk about when assignment night (when he finds out what base and plane is next...Jan 08) comes up. It's a funny story now...but I am sure he was not laughing when it happened.
Summer is here...I hope everyone is enjoying themselves!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment