How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Weekend at Lake Amistead



Buckle up boys...it's time to go!!


This weekend we went to Lake Amistead. It was pretty windy so we didn't do much but walk around and take pictures. No fishing yet! Lake Amistead isn't too far from base...maybe just 20 minutes or so. The lake is beautiful and huge. It's not like Canyon or Travis in that there aren't millions of beautiful houses built around the lake. It's very peaceful and clear. There is a marina on the lake, that is owned by Laughlin, where you can rent out boats for the day. Hopefully, we will take advantage of that this summer!






As some of you may not know, Lake Amistead crosses into Mexico. We decided to drive across the dam to see what Mexico was like...but then we turned around not knowing what was on the other side. :) We weren't ready to experience that part of Mexico yet! The picture below shows the dam we were driving on and the border crossing up ahead.

Chad and I have both been busy. Chad has definitely been more busy than me, but I have been a lot busier than the past few weeks. As many of you already know I started subbing in San Felipe Del Rio CISD and I applied for a job as a 1st grade teacher at Ruben Chavira Elementary. I have an interview on Thursday...we will see how it goes. I won't be bummed if I don't get it, but it would be nice to have a consistent job next year. For Chad, he has almost finished academics! This means longer hours and MORE studying when he starts flying on Friday. I don't know how that can be, but anything is possible in pilot training. He has been studying really hard for his tests and simulator tests. He may even have his first ride "dollar ride" on Friday. I am very proud of him for all he has accomplished so far!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - Looks like you are all having fun!! Well - I can tell who the favorite child is :) Dixie didn't get to go on the trip? Poor baby!!! Well good luck on everything & keep in touch. We miss & love you both. Melissa