How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

WARRIOR DASH...Craziest Freakin' Day of My Life!

My sisters and I decided over Christmas that it would be fun to sign up for a run that involved 3.8 miles and 10 obstacles. WOW! My sister made fun "sister" shirts which we were going to wear the day of our run. The weekend started out by my flight into Houston where both of my sisters picked me up. The next morning we work up bright and early to fuel up on a hearty breakfast, as well as preparing for our run later that morning. We left for our run a little early so that we would have plently of time to prepare and scope out some of the obstacles before we started. Boy....were we in for a challenge. The run started off pretty simple. We ran about a mile and a half before we even came to an obstacle. The first obstacle was a high speed wind...I didn't realize how much energy I would have to use to run in hurrican force winds! Some of the other obstacles included a mud slide, climbing across and up cargos nets, crawling under a black tarp, swimming over and around logs, climbing up and down a hay stack, jumping over fire, and lastly army crawling through the mud! It was an experience I will gladly do again!








Me after the run! Washing off in the "water"Donating our shoes...Posing with our FREE BEER! My lil sis was on day 2 of being 21! We did it! 43:05!




On Sunday Mel bought tickets for the Houston Rodeo. I have never been the the Houston Rodeo so I was a little excited. We went to see Jason Aldean!

We had such a fun girls weekend! I was so happy to be able to spend so much time with my sisters!

No comments: