The break was so relaxing for both for us. We got to enjoy friends, family, a wedding, and even a visit from a deer!
Chad's b-day cupcakes...apparently you have to move the shelf up in a gas oven or else they burn...oops! :) We only had a few left.
Chad's b-day gift (Scene-It on the X-Box 360). We have fun playing against each other. We are so competitive.
This is a picture of our "deer friend". We pulled up at Chad's parents house and this deer was running to us almost like he was our dog. It was pretty crazy and Chad just about fed it out of his hands.
Our friends' wedding that Chad was in...Salado, Texas. You can see Chad in his fancy uniform...well it's not all the way on (minus jacket), but you get the idea.
These are some of the "buddies" from the Corps of Cadets and wives! Yea...and we have been to all their weddings.. :0
Not much left for Chad. I think he has 6-7 flights left!! :) Amazing how time flies! We will hopefully get our "list" next Friday or Monday...or at least that's what I am thinking. The "list" is a list :) of planes and their locations the will be available. So we are hoping that Charleston AFB (Charleston, SC) or McChord AFB (Spokane, WA) are options on that list. The idea is that you get a choice, but really it's where the Air Force needs you at the time and how good of a pilot you are. Chad has been doing really well, so I am thinking we will get one of our first two choices.
For me...I am getting ready for the TAKS test in about 8 weeks (I think). It's sort of scary because I hope I am teaching them all they are supposed to know for the test. I really don't like how they put so much stress on this test, but there's not much else you can do when you don't expose the kiddos. So far they have been doing really well..I have my few but I think everyone is going to pass the 1st time around. I am trying to be positive! :) We have our second benchmark, practice, next Tuesday and that will give us a really good idea of where our kids stand for the real thing.
This is a picture of me on our field trip to Laughlin AFB. The kids decided that it would be fun for me to get attacked by the security forces dog. They were all cheering me on as I got trampled on. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment