How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The "LIST"!

We got the "list" today which we were supposed to get last Friday. This is usually a list of a few places that they are offering for you to choose from. BUT they decided to try something NEW and give the ENTIRE list of planes and bases that you can choose from. We had 42 spaces to fill up with planes and places today :).

We put C-17's first with Charleston AFB (North Charleston), South Carolina; McChord AFB (Tacoma), Washington; and Travis AFB (Napa Valley area), California. There are many more C-17's bases after the top 3, but it's not worth mentioning all of them. I believe we will get one of the 3...that is if we don't get FAIPed (First Assignment Instructor Pilot)..staying in Del Rio for 3-4 more years. We are really hoping for Charleston or McChord, but we won't know for sure what the Air Force decides until February 1st! Until then we will just be hoping and dreaming of where the next 4 years will be.

Just thought I would send an update as to what has been happening in our lives. I will definitely be letting you all know what our fate is on February 1st! It's only a little over a week until we find out. It's almost unreal that this is going to happen. I never thought it would come (i.e. see earlier posts:))! Now it's almost here, but I am sure we won't be out of Del Rio until at least July.

No worries. I will keep you all posted! Keep us in your thoughts! :)


Here's to Charleston or McChord! If you want to see a C-17 in action click on this website to watch a short video.

No comments: