Day 1:
We left VERY EARLY (5 am) on Sunday morning to arrive in Antigua around 2:30 p.m. Once we arrived we were met by our concierge that gave us the run-down for the week with our planned reservations and various resort activities. It was a little rainy when we first got there, but we celebrated breaking in a bottle of champagne and sitting on the balcony. By the way, I hit the jackpot with a perfect view. This was something that we were sad about on our honeymoon, so I was trying all I could to make this one better! I did it! We enjoyed our first all inclusive dinner at Bayside, a beautiful open-air restaurant right on the water. They were having a fish buffet…we LOVE seafood, so it was perfect for us. After dinner we decided to check out the place to determine what we were going to do the next few days.
Day 2: We decided to hang out around the resort and make excursion plans for the rest of the week. The pools and beaches were amazing, so we had endless fun with all inclusive drinks, pool, beach, and motor sports. We also decided it would be a good idea to get professional photographs as suggested by our concierge. That night we went to dinner at an Italian food restaurant called Mario’s. The food was good, but my dessert was AMAZING. I had a chocolate lava cake with ice cream! Delicious! Like many of the following nights we enjoyed the evening entertainment.
Day 3: Today was our first day of adventure off the resort. Wow! I thought the airport ride was scary…this ride to our excursion was an excursion in itself. First of all, it was crazy driving on the other side of the road and the driver on the right side. Just took some getting used to especially when you were coming around the corner and it looked like the other car was in your lane and you could hit them! We safely made it to the zip lining excursion, signed some paperwork, had a few lessons and then we were off. (Funny thing: Chad and I were the only one that got “extra“ strap protection…not sure why??) I think Chad was a little nervous about this (ha!) but I couldn’t wait. It was very exciting and took a few zips to get used the things. At the end of our excursion we had to make it back the to lobby by completing an obstacle course…this was hard work!
my favorite!

1 comment:
That looked like SO much fun!!! I'm super happy y'all had such a great time!! Well deserved :)
Post a Comment