How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Night....One Masterpiece!

Yesterday I was able to enjoy some creative fun! I don't have much creativity in me, but it was fun to do something different for a change. With a bottle of wine and a blank slate, Bottle and Brushes was going to turn me into a painter for the night....later creating my wonderful masterpiece. I have done this before painting a Van Gogh-ish rainbow row, which is a row of colorfully painted homes downtown Charleston. So when I picked this painting I wanted to do something unique of Charleston again. I decided to paint the Arthur Ravenell bridge. This is the same bridge I ran my over during the Cooper River Bridge Run in April. In the beginning I was thinking that it was going to be challenging, but it was actually very simple. the instructor walks you through it all, so it makes it very do-able. We started the painting by figuring out where the bridge was going to be located and we marked that off. Then we started creating the sky...by simply making squiggly lines all over in different colors. The ocean was straight lines with the same colors. Next came the bridge, which is where I started to fail. For some reason I cannot paint straight lines...although it could of been the bottle of wine we downed! Such a bummer, because it started out really cute! I finished the bridge and moved on to the cables of the bridge. This is my least favorite part :(. But hey, I'm just an amateur! :) It was a great night and I am glad that I was able to share this memory with a few dear friends!


Here are the two paintings I have done so far in my painting career.

1 comment: