How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Donks?!?

Okay yes....this is a very random post....but good...

...what is a donk (scroll down to 25--on linked page)?!?! Basically these are popular with the North Charleston folk around here. It's a way to spice up their ridiculously old car into a painted and chromed out masterpiece. I didn't know anything of the sort (well I had seen them around, but they reminded me of "lowriders" from Tejas--didn't know that they were way more popular) until a fun 3 hour ride to another teacher's wedding with a couple from my school. Not sure how/why it was brought up, but we ended up making a big deal of it the entire weekend! Every "donk" we saw we snapped a picture of it! Well I googled the CityPaper website that the original article came about. So now it become a play on the word "ridonkulous" and they have articles every week on places you would take your donk or ridonkulous bars downtown. Just funny!

Basically donks are...big rimmed cars, with loud speakers, and even louder paint jobs! Here are some of my favorite donks!

It's almost like an video of "Pimp My Ride"... you know what I saying...

Here are a few of my favs...

No comments: