I spoke with Chad yesterday, the 2nd of January, and things have been pretty busy for him. He has a room to himself that is about the size of a large bathroom, so he says. He seems to have gotten a pretty good deal with the room situation because he has his own room, a nice cozy bed, a tv with a few channels, and speakers to play music on. This was not the idea I had in my mind of deployment. We have spoken a few times, thanks to his Christmas gift a PSP, in which we can communicate by using Skype...FYI...great way to keep in contact. He has gone on a few missions already, where he is getting more and more flying time and experience. The time difference is the biggest dilemma...it is 8 hours ahead...eastern time. So right now as I type, it's 8:45 pm the 3rd of January in Summerville, and 4:45 am on the 4th of January where Chad is. CRAZY! That will continue to be our biggest struggle in trying to communicate. During most of the daytime hours during the week I will be working, so really our only time to talk would be as soon as I get out of school, being that I don't have any meetings, or late at night. I know we will find ways around it, but it's still hard not to be able to hear his voice everyday. :(
Alright enough about deployment...
Our Christmas vacation was great! We were able to hang out with family and have a wonderful time with our friends! I was sad that I wasn't able to see everyone, but hopefully I will get a chance this summer to see them. Christmas started on the Saturday before the 25th with my grandparents next door, we thought we would be unique and bring gifts from Charleston for the Chinese gift exchange. Later that night, we went to Jonathan's, Chad's brother, graduation from UTSA. Then on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we were able to finish Christmas shopping, visit with old friends, and enjoy our families. Then on Wednesday, Christmas Eve, we went to church with Chad's family and headed to my parents for our annual tamale eve and presents! Then on Christmas day we woke to an amazing brunch from the Dugie kitchen and presents after. Later that day we went to see more family at my aunts house in San Antonio. We were supposed to leave that next day, so we busily got things together for that fabulous event, but instead we decided to say our goodbyes in Texas. Chad would leave to come back to South Carolina early and pack to leave for deployment. It was a good idea to share our goodbyes in a more personal way, which I am glad that we did. After Chad left I spent more time with my family and was able to visit with a very dear friend of mine, who will be having a baby boy in two weeks! :) It was low key New Years, but I was able to spend it with my family!
my beautiful friend, Amanda!
Now, after everything has settled down it is a little lonesome. But just as fast as they slowed, I will begin to get busy again with school, social activities, and back to the ol' grind of working out again!
Happy New Year!!
The night Chad packed up to leave :(

2 comments:
stay strong, friend :) hopefully it will get better as the days go on! people told me to stay busy... and busy found me!! everyone deals with separation/deployments differently so i just pray you find "your way." andrew will be home in may too, so we'll go through this together! (today's already been 10 weeks, and i promise it FLEW by!)
Call whenever you need to!
Post a Comment