How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

Well, I became one day old yesterday. It has never really hit me before how old I really am! I feel like I am getting so old--although I know that I am am not really that old! It's just what I feel like!

Anyway, enough about getting older...this weekend for my birthday we went to Magnolia Plantation, one of the many plantation homes. This was actually the first one we have been to. So Saturday morning we got up and went to eat at a local restaurant, Mustard Seed, which is usually very tasty. Then we headed to Magnolia Plantation about 15 minutes away from our house. It was beautiful there. We decided that we were going to go on the house and tram tours. We couldn't go on the boat tour because we had so much rain (6 inches!) Friday night, we were kind of sad about that, but at least we got to do everything else. On the plantation there was a petting zoo, looks of wild animals, a nature trail, an old 19th century house, and lots of plants and flowers. The plantation was really amazing. I couldn't believe that someone would/could live like that! That night, we went to Sullivan's Island and ate at Poe's Tavern, where we shared a huge plate of nachos, Edgar's Nachos! Poe's Tavern had many items to choose from that related to Edgar Allen Poe's poetry. Then after we ate, we took a stroll on the beach. It is so much fun to know that I live so close to the beach--even though Chad and I have never been together! All in all I had a wonderful birthday! I am even more excited that Chad and I were able to spend it together!

Here is a slide show of all the things we saw on our trip to the plantation.

1 comment:

The Busbey's said...

What a pretty plantation..it kind of looks spooky too but in a pretty way ;) I'm glad that you had a great birthday, I miss you lots! Charleston looks absolutely beautiful...who knows maybe we might be headed to South Carolina too :)