How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sorry Folks!

Sorry folks for taking so long to post yet another description of our time here in SC. We are loving it here! It is soooo pretty and there are so many things to do!

Well, for the past few weeks we have been living in our new home. FINALLY OUT OF THE HOTEL!!!! I am so excited about that part! Our house is definitely a mess, but I am working hard to get it together. My plan is the have the house all unpacked by the end of next weekend and have things placed where I would like to hang them.

We got our animals when Chad's parents came for the week. We were able to take them around Summerville, downtown, and we also went to Savannah, Georgia. During the first weekend they were here we unpacked many boxes and set up some of the rooms with fans. Then during the week, while I went to work (fun for me!), they worked on the house some more. They put in more shelves in the closet, planted trees and bushes, and many other tasks! The next weekend we decided that we needed to get out of the house! We went to Savannah on Saturday and went to the fabulous Lady and Sons Restaurant, which is owned by the one and only Paula Deen. I have the crab cake and the others had the buffet. It was good, but just not as tasty as I thought it would be. Finally on Sunday, we decided to take a tour of downtown Charleston on the horse and buggy. It was a lot of fun! Although I don't care much about history, it was fun learning about the new city I am living in. I definitely didn't catch everything the tour guide said, but how could you! There is just so much history here! Maybe that's an excuse to go again when we have visitors.

These last two weekends have found Chad and I busy with fixing up the house some more and organizing everything in it. We have successfully unpacked all the boxes (well, I think, now that I say that!) and are moving on with the decorating!

I can't even begin to tell you all the amazing and fun things that we have done this past month, but as you probably already know, I have been so busy! This is not just an excuse either. I have been running from school, to meetings, to trainings, home to unpack, and trying to stay caught up with my masters program! Chad I think has had it a little easier lately. He hasn't had to go in the squadron much. They are letting him get acclimated to the area and get things set up at home, which has been very nice. He has been able to take care of our internet, cable, landscaping, electric, water, trash, etc.

I will definitely keep you all updated! I am sorry about not posting sooner..it’s just be hectic around here. I will post some pictures for you all though!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

sounds like life's moving along fabulously!

andrew & i are 99.9% positive we're gonna be taking a huge southeast road trip next summer and Charleston is on our list. so you'll have another excuse to take a tour ;)

Andie said...

how wonderful for you two :-) i'm so happy for you guys! enjoy! :-D