Then it was time to meet the IP(instructor pilot) that would be taking me up. He was so funny and made me feel so relaxed. Chad was able to make it out for the beginning also. He strapped me all into the seat and told me "good luck". He had to leave early to brief for another sim. I was so excited he got to do a little part of it with me though! So after I was strapped in the IP showed me a few emergency things and how to work the mic.
Oh yeah!!!
Next it was time to start up the engine and check everything inside the plane. He showed me how the rudder pedals worked, how the throttle worked, how the mic sounded, and what he would say in an emergency. While this was going on I was checking things out and I guess I wasn't paying very close attention to my loose items (they were stowed away properly) because I lost my cheat sheet that had the radio calls on it :(. I was pretty bummed about it, but thankfully the IP helped me later when I made the calls. As we were ready to taxi I had to make a few calls. :) On one of the first calls I accidentally pushed the button while someone else was talking...oops!
When we started we got up to about 95 knots (i think) like we were about to take off...which we could of if we were to pull back on the handle. BUT we had to slow back down...no take off and taxi to park. The IP let me drive with the rudder pedals which was very difficult when you can't see in front of you. He said I did really good. I also got to help park, he had to help me a little bit because I couldn't reach the pedals all the way. Overall, it was an AMAZING experience!!!! I am still after writing this on a HUGE POWER TRIP!!!!!!! I am somewhat jealous that Chad gets to do that almost every day.
If you couldn't tell...i was extremely excited!!!!!!!!

1 comment:
Man I wish I could do that! Looks fun!! Melanie
Post a Comment