How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Amy's visit...

This past week Amy, my dear friend from college, came to visit us. She has been here several times before, so I always like to do things different each time. The first time she came up we had a 21 hour drive to enjoy together. She helped me move all of my teacher belongings into my new classroom and spent a few days with me before I was alone in my new place. The next time she can to SC I knew a lot more about the place and we went to the beach, some downtown fun, and to Boone Hall Plantation. So this time I knew I had to be a little different.

The first day we just chilled at my house and went to dinner at Wasabi, which is a sushi restaurant, and Amy as well as Chad love their sushi. We came home and planned the rest of her visit. The next day we went downtown Charleston. First, we hit up the Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon, which served many purposes...a prison, post office, and exchange/payment of goods that were shipped in. We also went to eat at Poogan's Porch, which is a tasty restaurant that I have only been to once before. We actually went to visit it on our haunted tour last year! After lunch we walked around the market area with is newly renovated and decided to go on a house tour. We went on a self-guided tour at the Rhett-Aiken house which was really nice. I liked being able to see a home that was left the way it used to be with some original furniture. After the house tour we went to Cupcake, where we enjoyed a delicious white and black cupcake!! Before meeting up with Chad for dinner we walked King Street walking in and out of stores. After shopping we headed to Hyman's, which is another seafood restaurant that I have never been to. There we enjoyed delicious fish, hushpuppies, and fun.

The Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon
Poogan's PorchAiken-Rhett HouseCupcake!! the Battery
The second day of Amy's visit we decided to go kayaking with some of my Charleston friends and lay out at the beach afterward. We started our kayaking trip in Mt. Pleasant at Shem Creek. We kayaked out to Crab Island which is a bird sanctuary. We saw many pelicans, seagulls, and various other ocean birds. After kayaking we went to Red's on shem creek, which is a tasty seafood restaurant on shem creek with great views of the creek, shrimp boats, and dolphins. After lunch we ended our afternoon at the beach to relax a little while before meeting Chad for dinner at Andolini's, a delicious pizza place.

kayaking group...

Me with shrimp boats
Crab Island--bird sanctuary

The last day of Amy's visit was relaxing and quiet. We went for a much needed pedicure...something we used to do all the time! Then we went to lunch and a little retail therapy. We wanted to remember all the ways we used to hang out when we lived in College Station together.

We had a great time and I was very sad to see her leave, but glad we got the chance to visit again!

No comments: