How long have the Dugie's been married?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

LOTS of updates...

Wow! I can't believe it's been that long. I know some of you have been on the edge of your seats waiting to hear from me. Don't worry I've heard it from many of you! Anyway, we have lots of things that have happened since my last post in...wow...February! I promise you, I have been busy!

Chad came home! YAY! Soon after he came home we added new family members....our salt water aquarium houses two Damsels. It is a 72 gallon aquarium which fits perfectly. They are fairly small fish and their primary purpose it to clean the tank and prepare for our more expensive fish...which are yet to come. We have not named them due to the fact that we don't want to become too attached since they will be leaving us soon! This project has become a BIG thing...which it wasn't supposed to be! Salt water tanks are a lot of work. I'm not sure what I will do when Chad is deployed again. I guess I will have to learn to take care of it. I have to say it is a nice looking tank! Here are a few pictures of the process...
Here are pictures of the current fish...The little guy is somewhat quick, so it was hard to get a close up!

Another fun adventure was our visit from the Dugie's. We went to the Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina. The Biltmore was beautiful! It's horrible...I can't even remember all the wonderful things about it!

We also participated in the annual Cooper River Bridge Run. Chad and I finished the 10k (6.2 miles) and stayed together the entire time, which was difficult for Chad! HA! It was difficult because there were 38,000 other runners trying to fight the bridge with us! We were weaving in and out of people the entire time...it was crazy! We woke up that morning at about 4:45 and met at a friends house to brave the traffic of downtown to park at the end of the race. We showed up at the starting line with about 40 minutes to spare...enough time to stretch and freak myself out (what was I doing!). We started the race and Chad finished in 17,364 and I finished in 17,373 with a time of 1 hour and 3 minutes! Not real sure how we finished at the same exact time, but have so many people between us. I guess there were that many people crossing at the same time!
Not much happened in between April and May, except for school finishing and friends visiting! Our first visitors were Trey and Stacy Murphy, which are friends from TX and Chad's best man. We were able, despite the rain, to make it to the beach and downtown for the great weekend.

Boys at the beach...enough said
Dinner at Red's...bar and such...
Downtown in the rain...
Our second visitors were Andrew and Stephanie, friends from A&M and one of Chad's college roommates. We were only able to see them for one day, but it was definitely fun! They are headed to Guam for the next 4 years! Maybe we will have to visit them next!

Wow....what an update...More to come later. I am headed to bed! I have a long day fixing up my classroom tomorrow....time to get ready for school again!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i really have been on the edge of my seat ;) i pop in every now & then to see if you've updated yet. glad to see yall have been having tons of fun :) and i will vouch for yalls fish tank being AWESOME :)